Consortium meeting 16 Sep. 2010
Minutes of the combined scientific planning and management meeting held in Bergen on 16 Sep. 2010.
|University of Bergen (UoB)||Koenraad de Smedt|
|University of Bergen (UoB)||Kitty Anette Amlie Tverrå|
|University of Bergen (UoB)||Annhild Fetveit|
|University of Bergen (UoB)||Victoria Rosén|
|Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen (UTU)||Detmar Meurers|
|University of Copenhagen (UCPH)||Bolette S Pedersen|
|University of Copenhagen (UCPH)||Hector Martínez|
|Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)||Núria Bel|
|University of Helsinki (UHEL)||Krister Lindén|
|University of Helsinki (UHEL)||Måns Huldén|
|Charles University, Prague (CUNI)||Markéta Lopatková|
|Charles University, Prague (CUNI)||Marie Krizková|
|Charles University, Prague (CUNI)||Loganathan Ramasamy|
|Norges Handelshøyskole (NHH)||Gisle Andersen|
|Norges Handelshøyskole (NHH)||Marita Kristiansen|
|Norges Handelshøyskole (NHH)||Sunniva Whittaker|
|Norges Handelshøyskole (NHH)||Bjarte Grønner|
|Norges Handelshøyskole (NHH)||Tove Skaar|
|Norges Handelshøyskole (NHH)||Pedro Patiño García|
|Max Planck Institute (MPI)||Przemek Lenkiewicz|
|Max Planck Institute (MPI)||Hugo García Blanco|
|Max Planck Institute (MPI)||Binyam Gebre Kidan|
- Overview of appointed researchers and their projects. All researchers present gave a 3 min. presentation of their projects. Researchers are encouraged to have a webpage on the CLARA site with a presentation of themselves and their research.
- Outstanding legal matters. Detmar Meurers inquired about the possibility of changing the Consortium Agreement so as to exclude background. Kitty Tverrå responded that changes to the CA are possible but require a new round of suggestions, approvals and signing. It was also clarified that access to background does not affect ownership.
- Remaining vacancies. An overview of CLARA recruitment per project is presented (see table attached at the end). Recruitment statistics until September 2010 are presented. Also recruitment and contracting questions related to ESR, ER and VS are discussed. It is clarified that VS need a contract and DoC like ESR/ER. However, since VS normally keep their position at their home institution, they do not get a full employment contract but a stipend (EUR 34450 with experience < 10 years, 51675 with experience > 10 years). No Cat. D money is provided for VS.
- Course planning for 2011. The Morphology course is moved from the Fall of 2010 to the Spring of 2011. The training plan webpage is updated accordingly.
- Changes in financial guidelines. New financial guidelines have been published. Cat. D is now based on a fixed amount, i.e. no documentation of costs must be presented to claim this contribution, which is dependent only on actual employment of recruited researchers. Cat. E is likewise a fixed amount. Cat. G can be spent by partners (see next point). See the updated presentation of ITN finances.
- Proposal for Cat. G. budget. Following clarification from REA that Cat. G should also contribute to partners' participation in overall management of the project, including reporting time and audit costs, we propose a new budget for Cat. G. This is based on 20 h at EUR 30 for each partner and a cost estimate for the coordinator; 20 travels at EUR 700; additional costs for organizing meetings; audit certificates (4 + 9) * EUR 1500, required for each partner claiming part of the grant > EUR 375.000; plus a buffer.
- Reporting procedure. A preliminary reporting will be performed after year 1. An updated overview of reporting guidelines is presented.
Attachment: Table of current recruitment status per project.
|Project||Host||Type||Pm||Start||Recruitment date||Fellow name|
|2A, Common LR Infrastructure||MPI||ESR||36||12||1 Sep 2010||Binyam Gebrekidan|
|2B, Interoperability Standards||MPI||ESR||36||12||1 July 2010||Hugo García Blanco|
|3B, Bilingual Corpora||UIB||ESR||36||6||(Nov. 2010)||appointment ongoing|
|3C, Semantic Annotation||UCPH||ESR||36||11||1 Oct 2010||Hector Martínez|
|3D, Automatic Lexical Acquisition||UPF||ESR||36||6||1 Oct 2010?||Sylvia Necsulescu|
|4A, Harmonization of Terminological Resources||NHH||ESR||30||4||1 May 2010||Pedro Patiño García|
|4A, Harmonization of Terminological Resources||TILDE||ESR||30||6||16 Aug 2010||Anne-Kathrin Schumann|
|5A, Multimedia and Multimodality||MPI||ER||24||1||15 July 2010||Przemysław Lenkiewicz|
|5B, Empirical Studies of Multimodal Behaviour||UCPH||ESR||36||11||1 Oct. 2010||Magdalena Lis|
|6A, ICALL Research||UTU||ESR||24||11||1 April 2011?||announcement closed|
|6B, Proofing Tools||TILDE||ESR||21||8||Nov?||announcement closed|
|6C, Translation Tools||TILDE||ESR||21||12||Nov?||announcement closed|
|6C, Translation Tools||CUNI||ESR||36||5||2 Aug 2010||Loganathan Ramasamy|
|7A, Finite State Parsing Methods||UHEL||ER||24||1||1 Dec 2009||Måns Huldén|
|7A, Finite State Parsing Methods||UHEL||ESR||24||4||will be announced in Sep. 2010|
|7A, Finite State Parsing Methods||UTU||ESR||24||11||1 Oct. 2010||Jianqiang Ma|
|7B, Deep Grammar Models||UIB||ESR||36||6||(Nov. 2010)||appointment ongoing|
|7C, Treebank Annotation||CUNI||ESR||36||13||1 Oct. 2010?||Nathan Green|
|7C, Treebank Annotation||UTU||ESR||24||11||1 June 2010||Corina Dima|