Przemek Lenkiewicz was appointed as ER at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics (MPI) from July 15, 2010 until June 30, 2012. His position with the CLARA project involves participation in the Multimedia and Multimodal Communication Modeling work package, which is a cooperation between the Technical Group at the MPI and Københavns Universitet (UCPH). The overall aim of the work pacakge was the creation of multimedia and multimodal resources and advanced software based processing components in order to study human communicative behavior empirically. Przemek has done his PhD in Portugal, at the University of Beira Interior. His work was devoted to designing new image processing algorithms that would be applied to medical data originating at modern medical scanners (3D Ultrasound and CT) and that would take advantage of the High Performance Computing technology. His other research interests include high speed computer networks and simulations. He is a co-author of one international patent and author of several journal articles and conference papers, including the top events organized by the IEEE Signal Processing Society. CLARA Publications (see also Results):
- Gebre, B. G., Wittenburg, P., & Lenkiewicz, P. (2012). Towards automatic gesture stroke detection. In N. Calzolari (Ed.), Proceedings of LREC 2012: 8th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (pp. 231-235). European Language Resources Association.
- Lenkiewicz, A., Lis, M., & Lenkiewicz, P. (2012). Linguistic concepts described with Media Query Language for automated annotation. In J. C. Meiser (Ed.), Digital Humanities 2012 Conference Abstracts. University of Hamburg, Germany; July 16–22, 2012 (pp. 477-479).
- Przemyslaw Lenkiewicz, Binyam Gebrekidan Gebre, Oliver Schreer, Stefano Masneri, Daniel Schneider, and Sebastian Tschöpel. AVATecH — Automated annotation through audio and video analysis. In Nicoletta Calzolari (Conference Chair), Khalid Choukri, Thierry Declerck, Mehmet Uğur Doğan, Bente Maegaard, Joseph Mariani, Jan Odijk, and Stelios Piperidis, editors, Proceedings of the Eighth Conference on International Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC’12), Istanbul, Turkey, May 2012. European Language Resources Association (ELRA).
- Wittenburg, P., Lenkiewicz, P., Auer, E., Gebre, B. G., Lenkiewicz, A., & Drude, S. (2012). AV Processing in eHumanities – a paradigm shift. In J. C. Meister (Ed.), Digital Humanities 2012 Conference Abstracts. University of Hamburg, Germany; July 16–22, 2012 (pp. 538-541).
- Lenkiewicz, P., Wittenburg, P., Gebre, B. G., Lenkiewicz, A., Schreer, O., & Masneri, S. (2011). Application of video processing methods for linguistic research. In Z. Vetulani (Ed.), Human language technologies as a challenge for computer science and linguistics. Proceedings of the 5th Language and Technology Conference (LTC 2011), November 25-27, 2011, Poznań, Poland (pp. 561-564).
- Lenkiewicz, P., Wittenburg, P., Schreer, O., Masneri, S., Schneider, D., & Tschöpel, S. (2011). Application of audio and video processing methods for language research. In Proceedings of the conference Supporting Digital Humanities 2011 [SDH 2011], Copenhagen, Denmark, November 17-18, 2011.
See also: Przemeks homepage on the MPI website