I am an ESR Researcher at ÚFAL, Charles University in Prague.
I obtained my Master’s degree in 2008 from Amrita University, India. I am currently pursuing PhD studies at Charles University.
My current research, as part of the CLARA project focuses on Machine Translation and tools for under resourced languages. My prior work involved English-Tamil MT and morphological analyzer for Tamil.
- Loganathan Ramasamy, Ondřej Bojar and Zdeněk Žabokrtský. Morphological Processing for English-Tamil Statistical Machine Translation. In Proceedings of the Workshop on Machine Translation and Parsing in Indian Languages (MTPIL-2012, COLING), Mumbai, India, December 2012. [pdf] [bib]
- Loganathan Ramasamy, Zdeněk Žabokrtský and Sowmya Vajjala. The study of effect of length in morphological segmentation of agglutinative languages. In Proceedings of the First Workshop on Multilingual Modeling, Jeju, Republic of Korea, July 2012. Association for Computational Linguistics. [pdf] [bib]
- Nathan Green, Loganathan Ramasamy and Zdeněk Žabokrtský. Using an SVM Ensemble System for improved Tamil dependency parsing. In Proceedings of the ACL Joint Workshop on Statistical Parsing and Semantic Processing of Morphologically Rich Languages, Jeju, Republic of Korea, July 2012. Association for Computational Linguistics. [pdf] [bib]
- Loganathan Ramasamy and Zdeněk Žabokrtský. Prague Dependency Style Treebank for Tamil. In Proceedings of the Eighth Conference on International Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2012), Istanbul, Turkey, May 2012. European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ISBN 978-2-9517408-7-7. [pdf]
- Daniel Zeman, David Mareček, Martin Popel, Loganathan Ramasamy, Jan Štěpánek, Zdeněk Žabokrtský and Jan Hajič. HamleDT: To Parse or Not to Parse?. In Proceedings of the Eighth Conference on International Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2012), Istanbul, Turkey, May 2012. European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ISBN 978-2-9517408-7-7. [pdf]
- Loganathan Ramasamy and Zdeněk Žabokrtský. Tamil Dependency Treebank (TamilTB) – 0.1. Annotation Manual. Technical Report. Univerzita Karlova v Praze, 2011. [pdf]
- Loganathan Ramasamy: TamilTB – An Effort Towards Building a Treebank for Tamil. In Proceedings of the 20th Annual Conference – Week of Doctoral Students WDS 2011, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Loganathan Ramasamy and Zdeněk Žabokrtský: Tamil Dependency Parsing: Results using Rule Based and Corpus Based Approaches. In: Alexander Gelbukh (ed.): CICLing 2011: Computational Linguistics and Intelligent Text Processing. 12th International Conference, CICLing 2011, Tokyo, Japan, February 20-26, 2011. [link]
- Tamil treebank: We have recently released the Tamil Dependency Treebank (TamilTB.v0.1) for public. The data can be freely accessed from the following URL,
- English-Tamil parallel corpus: The parallel corpus collected from the web can be accessed from here http://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/~ramasamy/parallel/html
My homepage at cuni
ÚFAL, MFF UK
Malostranské náměstí 25
CZ-118 00 Praha